It depends – if they’re sent ‘signed for,’ then yes. However, tickets aren’t always sent this way. To make sure your tickets reach you, we recommend giving an address where someone can be available to sign for the delivery – just in case, and to avoid any delays.
Articles in this section
- Paperless Tickets – everything you need to know!
- Can my tickets be sent to my hotel?
- Where are my tickets?
- How will I receive my tickets?
- How can I change my delivery address?
- Can I change my address after receiving a dispatch confirmation?
- I am travelling to the event, can I change the delivery address?
- Do I need to sign for my tickets?
- I'm having a problem downloading my e-ticket
- UPS have delivered to a retail location, is this correct?